PLC Interfaces and Migration Solutions
The interface components are available as a clear alternative to the point-to-point wiring system in order to reduce costs and to simplify the setup of the electrical cabinets. The main function of this interface is as an adapter between the control devices and field elements.
The interfaces consist of:
- Standard connectors for connection to the control devices.
- PCB terminals with tension clamp or screw connections for the field connection.
- Additional components like LEDs, fuses, relays or isolators which can integrate new functions.
- Profiles and base frames for attaching to standard TS32 and TS35 mounting rails.
The pre-assembled cables supplied by Weidmüller are also used to connect the tester with the interface.
These are the advantages of the system:
- Saves time during the installation.
- No risk of wiring mistakes.
- Shorter schedules for project planning.
- Improved order in the electrical cabinet.
- Saves space in the cable ducts.
- Small module widths.